Here you will be able to see more information on our Discord Bot Hosting plans and answers to some questions that might pop up.
Discord Bot Hosting
You might have noticed that when you try to go to “Discord Bot Hosting” pages, you get redirected to “Environment Hosting”. This is not a mistake.
Its possible to host almost anything on our Environment Hosting plans, and the programming language options are a perfect fit for Discord Bot Hosting, thus we advertise it as Discord Bot Hosting as well.
Most of the questions that you might have relating to Discord Bots were probably already answered in Environment Hosting article, so please do check it out too, if you don't find what you need here.
Possible Questions You Might Have
- What language can I use for my bot?
Supported languages are as follows: NodeJS, .Net Core, .Net (Mono), Python, Ruby, PHP, Go, Deno, Lua, Crystal, Java.
If you're using “Discord Bot Maker”, it exports to NodeJS, so pick that as your language of choice.
- Which types of bots can I host?
Any! Of course, as long as they are under Discord Terms of Service and our Terms of Service as well.
This mostly means no illegal content served among other things.
- Which plan would you recommend for my bot?
This highly depends on how many servers and users your bot is serving, but also what's it doing, in which language it was written and how efficient it is.
We aren't able to give you a “one works for all” rule for every possible bot out there.
However, this is what we expect plans to support, keep in mind these are our estimates and should not be taken as a confirmation that your bot will for sure work on such plans!
- Up to 1000 active users - Micro plan should be fine, unless you're using NodeJS! We recommend at least Tiny for NodeJS due to RAM limits.
- Up to 2000 active users - Tiny plan should be fine
- Past this point, we recommend you run local builds and see how many resources they use, your biggest concern will probably CPU usage, so pick a plan based on that.
If your bot bursts with usage but doesn't use over 1 core constantly, Standard will be fine, if it constantly uses 1 or more cores, look into getting Extra or Large plans.
- What's considered an “active user” in these measurements?
This means how many users are executing commands at the same time, be it playing a game with the bot, pinging it, or anything similar.
- Micro - 0.2 vCore(s), 128 MB RAM, 0.5 GB SSD | £0.19/mo.
- Tiny - 0.4 vCore(s), 256 MB RAM, 1 GB SSD | £0.29/mo.
- Small - 0.6 vCore(s), 512 MB RAM, 2 GB SSD | £0.49/mo.
- Standard - 0.8 vCore(s), 1 GB RAM, 4 GB SSD | £0.99/mo.
- Extra - 1 vCore(s), 2 GB RAM, 8 GB SSD | £1.99/mo.
- Large - 2 vCore(s), 4 GB RAM, 16 GB SSD | £3.99/mo.
- Extra Large - 2 vCore(s), 6 GB RAM, 24 GB SSD | £5.99/mo.
- Need a higher plan or something custom? Get in contact! We'd be more than happy to sort our something for you.